Friday, October 12, 2007

Aunties are the GREATEST!!!

My sister and I are Craft leaders for our local MOPS group. It's alot of fun to come up with ideas for a craft, and then try to make it all come together on a budget.

Anyway, on Wednesday afternoon, Melanie and I and our 6 kids went to Jo-Ann fabrics to find the pumpkin craft that we were planning in our heads. Unfortunately, we didn't find exactly what we needed, so we decided to run to Michael's (we're glutten's for punishment).:) As we were walking out of the store, all of the kids were hanging on Mel's cart, and wanting to ride with her. I, of course, had Owen, but all of the other kids were hopping into Mel's van. At first, I was happy, because I love that my kids love Auntie so much, but then I felt sad. I'm not the cool Auntie that everyone wants to be with. :( I was putting Owen in his seat, when Ben came up to me and said - in his sweet little voice - "Auntie, I want to ride in your car." I was elated, I know it sounds really petty, but I was so glad that he wanted to come with me. Next thing I know, Simon is hopping in my van and asking if he could ride with me too!! (And I don't even have a t.v. in my van!!) So it ended up with Brett and Chloe in Mel's van and Simon and Ben in my van! It was alot of fun to talk with them, cause it's not real easy to do that when my kids are around. They had their fair share of pinching, etc., but it was nothing that I couldn't handle! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment