Friday, October 26, 2007

20 Times.

So I've read in alot of books/magazines that it takes several times of trying for a child to like a particular food. I've actually read in one spot it could take up to 20 times!

Well, my little Owen does not like fruit ~ of any kind. I can occasionally get him to eat applesauce, but that's about it. I continually try to give him bananas, apples, grapes, etc. But he wants nothing to do with it. (Ryan is just the same)

It's not for lack of trying either. It seems that he really wants to like bananas and grapes, but once he tries them, he just doesn't like them. I was handing out bowls of grapes to Chloe and Brett, and Owen said that he wanted some. So again, I give him a bowl with about 10 grapes in it. I saw him put one in his mouth, and it seemed as though he liked it!! Yay! I guess my persistance was paying off!!

I was cleaning the kitchen, and the kids brought me their empty bowls. Yes - Owen's was empty. You wouldn't believe the amount of praise that Owen received because he actually ate all the grapes! It was like a huge party was going on in my kitchen! It was awesome ~ until...

I put the kids to bed, and started to clean up the family room, only to find grapes everywhere - under the couches, next to the t.v., under the entertainment center, etc. He didn't eat the grapes afterall! I would've loved to be in his head, when we were all dancing around praising him for eating his grapes. He must've thought we were crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment