Wednesday, March 26, 2008

So, onto the exciting (for me) news...


Let me start this out be saying that I am not a Star Gazer, I do not drool over Hollywood stars. I do, however, think it's pretty cool when Johnny Depp is filming a movie just one town over from me. (top photo courtesy of popsugar.com ~ the rest are mine.:))




Yep, that's right. This is what Ryan and I accidentally found on Saturday, while we were running some errands...





We knew that Johnny Depp was going to be making a movie here, but we just weren't exactly sure when it was going to happen. Apparently, Johnny is going to be playing John Dillinger in the movie. John Dillinger was arrested, and then escaped from the jail in the picture. (brick building)

Yesterday, Ryan called me and asked if I wanted to meet him there at lunch, and we could just sit in the car and watch from the same parking lot that we were in on Saturday (directly across the street from the jail) I thought it would be fun, so I packed up some sandwiches, and headed for the set. I have no idea what we were thinking, but you wouldn't believe the amount of streets that were closed, and the amount of people that were there! So we definitely could not go to the same parking lot that we were at before. We got out of the car with the kids, just to see if we could see anything, and it appeared that they were only doing filming inside the jail, nothing outside.



This is his trailer, and of course, just 2 minutes after I snapped this picture, and started to walk away, everyone starting screaming "We love you Johnny!" I turn around and he had already gotten into the SUV! No big deal, but it would've just been fun to see him.:)

The street was lined with all of these old cars.

And then tonight at dinner, Ryan asked if we wanted to go to the set again. I, of course, agreed, and the kids were quite willing to go too! :) I only got this one picture, and then my battery went dead. And, of course, again tonight we heard much screaming and saw many flashes, but no sight of Johnny...maybe tomorrow!?!?! Just kidding. It's just fun when stuff like this is going on in your own neighborhood!

No comments:

Post a Comment