Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Weekend

WOW! What an awesome weekend we had! It was a great time for us to reflect on what Jesus did for us, and then a time of Celebration on Sunday morning!

Friday night, we dyed Easter eggs with the kids. Such fun. I only hard-boiled 12 eggs, so each kid only got 4 eggs. That was the only problem - they wanted to do more! :)




Saturday morning we went into town, and found the Easter bunny walking the streets! Brett thought it was so cool!:)





I just love our little town. The downtown area is pretty old, but it's just so cute!

After that, we went for a little drive, and came across something pretty exciting (for me anyway!) but I have to save that for another post! Stay tuned!!

Saturday night, we made Easter Story Cookies with the kids. This was the first year we did this, and in my opinion, it was just way over the boys head. They got really interested in pounding the pecans, but that's about it. They didn't really want to pay attention to the story ~ Next year might be a bit better for Brett.




Chloe, on the other hand, LOVED it!! I thought it was really sweet, when I made each of the kids smell the vinegar, and then explain that when Jesus was thirsty, they put some of this on a cloth, and let Him drink it. Chloe said, "that makes me really sad that they did that." She really understood it. So for her, she got alot out of it, the boys not so much, but their time will come! Brett had fun putting the cookies in the oven though!:)


My kids know the real meaning of Easter, (or are learning it anyway) but I think it's still fun to mix it with other fun stuff to, i.e., the Easter bunny...yes he came to our house...




And apparently, the Easter bunny shops at Wal-Mart. It was hilarious. Chloe wanted this cute pen from Wal-Mart, and I wouldn't let her get it. I then snuck it onto the conveyor belt, and secretly paid for it. When she pulled it out of her basket, she yelled "Hey! The Easter bunny got this at Wal-Mart!" HA HA!! I then pulled her aside, and told her that I snuck it in the basket! :)

AND - he brought the boys Nerf guns!!! If I had known how big of a hit these would be with the boys, they would have 20 of them! ;) They have played with these things for hours on end - TOGETHER - NOT FIGHTING!!! It's been great. Oh, and if you can't find one of the bullet thingies...check the windows...



We searched high and low for that thing, and couldn't find it...until an hour or so later!;)

After an awesome church service, we went to Ryan's Aunt Lori's for Easter dinner. I love getting together with family. We always have such a nice time. Aunt Lori had the kids decorate cupcakes to look like bunnies. They turned out really cute!


Owen liked licking the frosty off the knife, alot more than decorating it!

And Brett did his all by himself! Even after announcing that "he couldn't use a knife, because my mommy doesn't let me!"

And of course, Chloe's all about crafts, so she loved it!

I'm not sure who's this is, but this is the finished product.

Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of all three of my kids, before Chloe spilled orange pop and got red marker on her outfit, so we had to change her clothes. Here's a picture of my boys though...


Can you tell Owen missed his nap? :)

Ryan and I were talking on the way home from Aunt Lori's and we just thought we had such a nice restful, relaxing weekend. I hope all of you enjoyed your weekend as much as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment