Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Retail Therapy

On Friday, I was just having one of those mornings. You know, the ones where you feel like your kids are just bouncing off the walls and fighting like crazy, and at any given moment, you are going to have a nervous breakdown kind of morning. (Do you like all of those commas?! Hey - I never claimed to be a writer! :))

I called my mom, and she said, "I wish that I lived closer so that I can come over to help you." I agreed, and then said , "I'm coming over to your house!" And I hopped in the shower, and got the kids ready, and off we went.

My mom lives about 1 hour and 30 minutes away - maybe 1 hour and 45 minutes away, so it's not too bad. The kids were so well behaved in the car - they usually are, but with the price of gas these days, I just can't drive around all day! :) Anyway, my mom and I took the kids to Buffalo Wild Wings for lunch, and then headed to Target, and I got this...



We also found another throw pillow to put on my chair in my room for $4.24! I said to my mom in the store, "Sometimes all you need is a little retail therapy to help you feel better!" :) I don't mean that everytime I'm down or upset about something I go out and buy something, but sometimes it just feels nice.:)

We went back to her house, and hung out for awhile, and then headed to Mel and Jon's for dinner. Mel and I fed the kids while the guys went and picked up our food. By the time the guys got back, the kids were done eating, we had set the table for us, and sent the kids downstairs to play. I remember Ryan saying that he felt like we were at a restaurant, because the kids were playing so nice, and we were able to hold an adult conversation! (Mel - we have definitely turned a corner!!!)

Thanks Mommy for getting me out of the house! It's what I really needed! Let's do it again - SOON! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment