Sunday, March 7, 2010

Cake Pops!!!

I'm just realizing that I never posted pictures from Chloe's party, or did I?! I gotta go check that out...

Nope, sure didn't!

I'll get to that...soon.

I made these adorable Cake Pops for her party though. Not only did they look cute, but that tasted so good!!! {Thanks Bakerella for the recipe! She's amazing, by the way - so don't compare my cake pops to hers!:)}


I was actually planning on doing a tutorial while I was making them so I took plenty of pictures. And since the party I've had quite a few people ask me for the recipe, so here you go:

**I made a batch with Red Velvet cake mix, and a batch with Strawberry Cake mix. While they both tasted great, I would say the consistency of the Red Velvet was better.**

Red Velvet Cake Pops
1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.)
lollipop sticks

1 package chocolate bark (regular or white chocolate)
wax paper

1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. (It may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.)
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (Should make 45-50. You can get even more if you use a mini ice cream scooper, but I like to hand roll them.)
4. Chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)
5. Bakerella melts her chocolate in the microwave, however I put a glass bowl over a 8 qt. pan filled with water and that worked great too!!

6. Dip the tip of your lollipop stick in a little of the chocolate bark and insert into the cake balls. (Insert a little less than halfway.)

7. Place them in the freezer for a little while to firm up.

8. Once firm, carefully insert the cake ball into the candy coating by holding the lollipop stick and rotating until covered. Once covered, remove and softly tap and rotate until the excess chocolate falls off. Don’t tap too hard or the cake ball will fall off, too. {My kids actually enjoyed with the cake ball fell off, cause then they got to eat it! ;)}

9.Place in a styrofoam block to dry. {I used floral foam.}








I wish my pictures were better, but I totally need a new camera.:( You get the idea though.

No comments:

Post a Comment