Sunday, March 7, 2010

Bike Helmet Poll

I've got a new poll on my sidebar that I would love for you to vote on.

Obviously, since Chloe's accident, we've had our eyes open quite a bit to helmet safety. I'm just curious as to how many parents make there kids wear bike helmets. We've never enforced the rule of bike helmets at our house, but all of the doctors at University of Chicago insisted that especially Chloe, but really the boys too, should wear them ALL THE TIME!

So, a new rule has been enforced in our house - No helmet - No bike. Simple as that.


Take a minute and vote - I'd love to hear your opinion!!

3 comments:

  1. We bought a child size ATV helmet on ebay. It is a full face helmet that came with goggles. Olivia loves it because it is pink with silver sparkly flames! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "rule" has always been if they are doing more than riding around in the driveway, they need to wear helmets. Though I realize the dumbness of that rule. It's like saying "you only need a seat belt if you are going more than 5 miles from home" lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should add, Olivia's helmet is for when she's on the ATV - not for riding her bike, although when she first got it, she loved it so much that she DID wear it on a bike ride :-)
    She outgrew her bike helmet last year and we need a new one. She wants to ride her bike with no training wheels so now it's a must!

    ReplyDelete