Wednesday, April 9, 2008

No Smoking!!!

My hubby, had smoked since he was 15 - probably only a few a day at that age, but smoked nonetheless. He had always said that when we had kids he was going to quit. Well, each kids births came and went, and he still smoked. He knew in his head that he wanted to quit, but he just couldn't get past the mind game. He had tried numerous times to quit, but in his own words, "I just love it so much!"

April 9, 2007 - Exactly one year ago - Ryan came home from work, and said "I don't have any smokes, and I don't want to talk about it!" Well, O.K. then! :) I didn't harass him about it, and just let him be. He wrote out all of the reasons for quitting, and kept it in his pocket. Every time he had the urge to smoke, he pulled out the list and read it! That helped alot, and so did the Werther's caramels! :) Days turned into weeks, and weeks turned into months, and I'm proud to say that those months turned into ONE YEAR SMOKE FREE!! Let me translate what that means:

9,146 cigarettes NOT SMOKED

$1,486.23 money saved

(I got this info. from quitmeter.com )

Holy Smokes that is alot of money, and alot of cigarettes! I can't imagine what 15 years is going to look like! :)

I just wanted to say how proud I am of you honey for being able to stay committed to quitting smoking! You're awesome, and keep up the good work!

No comments:

Post a Comment