Monday, April 14, 2008

Big Foot

Today, I sent the kids outside to play. It was a bit chilly, but I bundled them up and sent them into the yard. When I opened the sliding glass door to my porch, I noticed that a bird was stuck in there. He was banging into all of the screens, and you could tell he was very nervous. I told the kids to come and see, and they immediately thought up a plan to find worms to feed to him.

I was quite suprised to see the amount of worms that they found. They named them all too...Big Papa, Slimey, Squirmy, Little Baby, Sally...the list goes on, I just don't remember them all.

Fast forward to dinner. Brett was in the bathroom and Ryan said, "Oh, we have to ask Brett if that worm is still in his coat pocket." When Brett came back to the table, we asked him, and he said, "Yeah, I didn't take it out. I want to keep it forever." Sorry buddy, but that's not going to happen.

I actually forgot about it until I started to clear off the table, and Brett walked into the kitchen with the dead worm in his hand, and here is his recap of the whole story...



I love how Ryan is so sympathetic! I guess I'm laughing pretty good too! :)

Brett has always loved little creatures, but let's keep those little creatures outside, and definitely out of the pockets of our clothes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment