Saturday, September 29, 2007

Owen's Big Fat Lip!

A few days ago, my sister Melanie called me frantically looking for the Poison Control phone nubmer. (800.222.1222 - I've had to use it a few times!) :) I ask her what the problem is, and she tells me that Talon ate a bunch of berries off a bush in her yard, and she doesn't know if their poisonous or not.

Not 3 minutes later - no lie - Owen is screaming crying. I run to the backyard, and he has a mouth full of blood! I actually really kept my calm - suprisingly I DID NOT END UP IN THE ER!!! But he had quite a few deep cuts in his lips from what appeared to be his teeth. I quickly ask Brett what happened, to which he replied - very calmly - "O - I just pushed him." And he went on his merry way. "Oh no buddy - you get in that house right now. I'll deal with you in a minute." Poor Owen was so sad. I, of course, quickly took off his shirt - would'nt want to ruin a good shirt, right? - and assess the situation. Once I realized he was O.K., I quickly took a picture, (because that's all I can do these day to keep my sanity - just capture the moments in pictures, so I can laugh at them 20 years from now)and then set out to get Brett. (I'll keep those details to myself) ;)



Thankfully both Owen and Talon are just fine! It just goes to show that Melanie and I can do NOTHING alone - whether it's being pregnant at the same time (which we were for all three of our kids) or going through a little crisis or just going through the chaos - at least we're doing it together, and that's AWESOME to have someone else to lean on through these - let's say - "trying" times! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment