Saturday, September 20, 2008

Weekend Warrior

Clair over at Mummy Deals had a post about procrastinating, and challenged us to do something that we have been putting off.

I have been wanting my boys room painted for quite some time. So long, that I actually bought the paint in November of '06 - yep, you read that right - '06!!!!!

I decided that this weekend, while Ryan was away camping, I was going to paint the boys room.

Thursday night, Katie mentioned that her kids were going to sleep at their Grandma's house, and that she would be willing to come help me on Saturday night! That sealed the deal - who's going to turn down help?!?!?

Friday, bright and early, I headed to the paint store (with the paint that I bought in '06) and asked them if they thought it was still good, and if it was, would they be able to mix it up again in that shaker thing. Sure enough, they thought it was still good, and they went ahead and mixed it up for me! :)

I started to clean out the room, and move furniture and get holes patched and everything on Friday afternoon. By Friday late afternoon I was taping everything off, and then by the evening, I was starting to do the trim work and cutting-in of the painting. I got all of that done, and then called it a night.

I, of course forgot to take a before picture, but here is an in-between picture...:)



Saturday morning, I felt like I could conquer the world, o.k., not really, but I really wanted to get the paint finished before Kate got here so that we could just decorate the room, and not have to worry about wet paint. So I finished painting - 2 coats of it!!! Man was it a lot of work, but it was definitely worth it!!

Here's the finished paint product (minus the furniture)


Then came the fun part!! Decorating the room! We got the beds from Ryan's Grandma, and we haven't put the kids in them yet - Brett was still in a toddler bed, and Owen was still in his crib - yeah, I'll save that explanation for another time. Anyway, Ryan's sister gave me all of the decorations for the room!! Her son outgrew the stuff, so she handed them my way, and I am so thankful, because I didn't have to buy a thing!!! And its cute too! :) Thanks Grandma and Heather!!!

Here's my favorite decoration in the room....


And here's Katie's.....
Brett's bed...(notice the little cowboy boot rug!:))
Owen's bed....(see the cute hook for his robe?!?:))

And the little valances I made...

DONE!!!! I can call their room done!! I feel so awesome that I did it myself (well, with some help from Kate) and I can't wait for Ryan to see it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment