Thursday, September 4, 2008

Too many cooks in the kitchen didn't spoil this corn!!

(l to r: Aimee, Amy, Susan, Michelle, Katie, Melanie and Christina (32 weeks pregnant with TWINS!!!))


As most of you know, I go to Katie's house each week to play cards. Well, last night we decided we would make freezer corn. I got the idea from the Mummy Deals website, so if you're interested in getting the recipe - go here.

We decided we were just going to do 15 dozen to start out with, and if we wanted to do it again, we would. We had a so much fun! To start out, only 5 of us were there, so we got all of the corn shucked, and then moved into the kitchen to start cleaning, cutting, cooking, cooling and then bagging! :)

It's amazing when you get us girls together in the kitchen. Everyone just starts a job, and it all gets done so quickly. We've canned tomatoes before, made freezer meals (which we're going to do next week), and now corn. We just have so much fun together!

Anyway, Katie got a new camera, and we thought we'd try to figure out how the timer works, ahem...yeah, that's why we took so many "corny" pictures of us!!


I just love this next one - Katie is hilarious! :)




Not sure what our thought was with this one!?!?



And last, but certainly not least, a picture that Katie forbid me to put on this blog. It is just too stinkin' funny not to post up here! Katie's expression is just priceless!!! Love you Kate!

All joking aside though - I love you girls! You are my bestest friends and I am so blessed to have each and every one of you in my life! I don't know what I would do without you guys, and I certainly don't know what I would do without "cards" each week! Love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment