Saturday, September 13, 2008

Simplicity in a puddle!

It has been raining for I think 399 days - o.k., maybe just two, but with three little ones it seems like FOREVER!!

I was quite surprised today when Ryan pulled me aside and told me we should let the kids go outside and play in the rain - it was still pouring outside! I said sure and we told the kids about it. They weren't too sure about it at first but when they finally got wet, they LOVED it!

My mom, Ryan and I all sat on the front porch (out of the rain) and watched them have fun! Some of the neighbor kids were out playing and they just had a great time.

Brett had a ball, and before you knew it, he found a frog! I was pretty excited for him, because as we all know - Brett loves anything slimey!!:)

Brett put the frog in a bucket and continued to play. When I walked inside I noticed that the frog was gone. I felt a little sad for Brett, but didn't say anything to him, because I didn't want to ruin his fun. I figured we could just tell him later.

We got the kids inside, and put them in the tub to get ready to go out for dinner. Once they were out of the tub, Ryan asked me why I put the frog in the fish tank? What?!?! Let me back peddle just a little bit - the fish is from my MOPS meeting last week, the kids named it Cheeto. He hasn't been doing very good. Just hovering at the bottom of the tank, no eating - well this morning he was moving all over - seemed very happy - until the frog got put in his tank. We asked around to see who put it in there, and of course, Brett said that the frog needed to go in there, so he put him in there.

I get the net out, and fish the frog out (does that make sense?!?:)) and the frog immediately hops out of the net and onto my counter. I screamed - pretty loud - and ran away. I'm not good with slimey things. My husband carried it out to the front yard and let him go - all the while, Brett is crying his little heart out.

The sweetest part though, was when Ryan had to explain to Brett how it would feel if he was taken away from his mommy and daddy, and that the frog had to go back home to his mommy and daddy, but he had a fun time visiting us! :)

I threw together a little montage of our afternoon. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment