Wednesday, January 30, 2008

You know your son is sick when he asks to go to the doctor!!

This conversation took place in my van this morning on the way to bring Chloe to school: (unfortunately - no snow day, just a two-hour delay)

Brett: Mommy, I'm sick. I need to go to the doctor.

Mom: O.K. honey, I already made you an appointment - we're gonna go to the doctor.

Brett: But I don't want a shot.

Mom: Oh, no Brett, you're not going to get a shot, she's just going to check you out.

Brett: Like a checkup?

Mom: Yep, just like a check-up, and maybe she'll give you some medicine.

Brett: But mommy, the medicine doesn't work.

Poor guy, we have been doing breathing treatments, using vaporizers, giving cough syrup, and nothing has worked. So off to the doctor we go - for both boys, because Owen isn't better yet either. Man - this thing hangs on. I'm just thankful it's not the flu! (I'm not good with puking kids - ask Ryan! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment