Thursday, January 31, 2008

INTRODUCING...well, sort of

So, I had high hopes of this new "segment" that I was going to introduce this week, and my time is just getting away from me. I'm actually re-thinking doing it completely.

My sister, Melanie, even made a cute little button for it...



I'm not sure if this is going to be a weekly thing or not, but some of these deals were just to good to pass up this week!! In the meantime, check out one of my new favorite blogs, Money Saving Mom. (where I got alot of the deal ideas from.)

Here's the post that I was originally going to post this week...



I have just started clipping coupons (why haven't I started this sooner? I don't know) and have been checking out a few good frugal blogs, and I'm loving it!!

So, I've decided to share my excitment with you!

Each week (it may be a couple of times a week - depending on the sales) I will share with you a deal that I found, where you can find it, how I came across it, etc.

Last week, I've had quite a few deals, so I'm going to share them with you now, just so you get an idea. Some of the deals I got last week have passed now, while others are still going on. I'll let you know all of the specifics.

Here goes...

DEAL #1



Last week, Walgreens had Jane Cosmetics on sale Buy 1 Get 1 Free. Combined with this coupon the items were close to free. Here's how it breaks down...

I bought two eye liners $3.99 each. I used 2 coupons (one for each product) and got $4 off. Makes them FREE!! I had to throw in a candy bar (per Ryan's request) so that it didn't come up with a negative balance.

I got approx. $63 worth of product for approx. $5! The only reason I spent $5 was because I bought a few items that were $5.99 each, so I had to pay a couple of dollars.

So, are you bummed that you missed this deal?!? YOU'RE IN LUCK!! Meijer is having a B1G1 Free deal this week, and if you combine it with the above coupon, you too can get the same deal! (the coupon doesn't expire until 4/30/08)

The coupon can be printed as many times as you want, but I only bought two items at a time - I was at Walgreens alot this week! :)


DEAL #2




I got each of these boxes of cereal for $.24 each! I bought them at Super Wal Mart (not my favorite place to shop, but their prices are very cheap!) for $2.24 each. Combine them with this coupon for $2 off each box, and they ended up $.24 each. I used two coupons, because I had two boxes. You can still print this coupon - just not sure when it expires.


DEAL #3






I got this deal at my local grocery story(Wilco-County Market) but I heard it was going on at Meijer last week too.

Bought 6 Quaker products for $10. In the newspaper last Sunday it had a coupon for $3 off any 5 Quaker products making them 6/$7. I then had a coupon for $1 off one box of Life cereal. Making them 6/$6! Not too bad!

SO - tell me what you think? Is this something you would like, or does it not interest you at all? I'm pretty excited about my new-found hobby! :)

Oh - and I can't take all of the credit for finding these super deals. Like I said, I've been reading some good frugal blogs that do alot of the research for you. My favorite is definitely Money Saving Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment