Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!!

We had a GREAT New Year's Eve. We didn't really want to do much, after just getting home from our trip. So, we decided to lay low. It started out that we were going to put all of the kids to bed. Chloe wasn't quite ready, so we let her stay up. We decided to play Monopoly, Jr. with her and eat oranges - yes, oranges. That's what Chloe and I had a taste for! :)

Ryan was Troy Bolton! :)



Chloe made it to about 10:30, and then decided that she wanted to go to bed. She was pretty tired. I saw the ball drop in NY, and then fell asleep on the couch. Ryan woke me up 30 seconds before midnight. I rang in the new year, and then ran up to bed! :) I was pretty tired too. I'm not sure when Ryan finally came up to bed.

New Year's Day was pretty low-key too. We played more board games and cleaned up a bit, (my house was a disaster!!!) and then headed out to go ice skating with Ryan's family.

What fun we had! Chloe's never been ice skating before, and Grandma and Grandpa got her new skates, so she was pretty excited.

Once we got there, she wasn't so sure of it. They had these walker-type things to help you learn, and that's all she wanted to use...





Ryan was supposed to be "helping" her, but he was having too much fun on the ice himself!





And my nephew, Josh, was too busy banging into the walls to help her! :) Just kidding! :)

Finally, she let go of the "walker!"

I decided then that I needed to get on the ice. Me, being the dutch person that I am, just told Ryan to take his skates off, and I'll wear them for a little bit. I wasn't about to spend another $5 for 10 minutes of fun. They were about 3 sizes too big, but they worked out o.k.:)




Chloe finally figured out that she could do it. She let go of her walker, and we made a line and skated around.


Owen was just pretty sad that he couldn't join in the fun! :)

The snow didn't stop falling all day - it was great, really. It started to get dark, and with the lights of the rink on, it was just a really pretty scene.


Timmy had way to much fun! :)




After skating, we went to my in-laws for a ham dinner! It really was just a great time, once again, filled with great memories. I declared at dinner that we needed to make this a tradition! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment