Thursday, November 29, 2007

I'm gonna get on a soapbox for a minute

O.K., so when this time of year comes around, so do all of the fun cartoons and Christmas programs/shows on t.v. I absolutely love to see what's on, so that we can sit and watch it as a family. My kids are really into it this year, especially Brett. I think last year he was a bit too little yet, so he's loving all of the new shows. (well, new to him anyway)

On Sunday we watched A Christmas Story. One of our All-Time favorites! Ryan can pretty much recite every word in the entire movie. Kind of annoying. (Sorry babe!)



As you can see, Brett was glued to the T.V. He loved it!

Tonight we watched "How the Grinch Stole Christmas." A cartoon - geared for kids, in my opinion.

Here's where I get on my soapbox. Can you please tell my why the networks think it is necessary to air Victoria's Secrets commercials, movies commercials for movies that are clearly rated "R", etc. while they are airing these shows. I mean, come on, it's 7:00 p.m. and they are airing Christmas cartoons for crying out loud. Can we just have a simple Tide commercial. I'll even take the stupid Head-On commercial over my kids looking at some half naked women, or someone being killed in a movie trailer. It's ridiculous really.

Ryan and I have just resorted to someone holding the remote AT.ALL.TIMES, so that someone can be on "sensor control!" It sounds stupid, but we flip the channel the second we see something inappropriate for the kids.

I guess it's just sad that this is what it's come to. I really don't remember ever seeing stuff like this on t.v. when I was a kid. Then again, my kids probably won't remember it either, but I'm definitely not going to give them the option to remember the crap that's on t.v.

No comments:

Post a Comment