Monday, November 26, 2007

Christmas Tree 2007!

For the past 7 years, we have gone the Saturday after Thanksgiving to get our Christmas Tree. We usually go to Michigan to get the tree, so we get up early and meet at the Cracker Barrel at Exit 23 for breakfast!

After breakfast, it was about 1/2 hour drive to Butler Tree Farm. This really is such a nice place. They have alot of animals for the kids to feed and play with, Santa and Mrs. Claus were there, and of course, Brett was thrilled! He just couldn't wait to tell Santa that he wanted a tractor! :) Chloe was excited to see him too. Owen, on the other hand would run and cry every time he saw him.



This picture was taken before he realized that he didn't like him. I couldn't get him to pose for the next one, because he was crying so bad. :(


My nephew Josh thought he was too cool to take a picture with Santa. But Santa persisted, and Josh was forced to join in! :)


Here's our whole group on the tractor ride to go out to get a tree! It really is so much fun to go with all of the family. We have such a great time together! Love you guys!! (I think Ethan is missing - sorry!)


And of course, once we got out to cut down our tree, my batteries went dead. O well - I'll show the finished product in a minute! :)

On our way home we found snow!!!! My kids were so excited, so we decided to pull over at this park and let them play in it! They loved it, and so did Ryan and me!:)





Once we got home, we decided to decorate the tree. I'm not going to lie and say that this was an easy task, because it wasn't. I'll spare you the details, and just show the cute pictures I took while decorating it.


Here's the kids waiting ever-so patiently for the tree to come in!

And here's Ryan carrying it in through the porch.

It was Brett's year to put the angel on, but he said Chloe could do it.

And he settled for putting on the first ornament!

Owen could care less what he did - he just loved all the lights.



And here's the finished tree - "a little full...a lotta sap!" :)

I just know that these are going to be some of the best memories that we are making for our kids, and I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment