Friday, October 3, 2008

Try to paint a mental picture...

So yesterday, my mom came out to spend some time with me and Melanie and the two sets of younger boys. We went to Kohl's which turned out to be a semi-disaster. The boys have a hard time sitting in a stroller for so long. All three of us were trying on clothes and looking at EVERY.SINGLE sale rack, and they had had enough. I did manage to find myself a nice new pair of jeans, so that made it all worth it for me!

Anyway, we get all four boys in Mel's van (she's got a t.v. in her van, and I want one REALLY BAD) and we start to discuss where we are going to go for lunch. I was on my mom's side of the van when I notice a huge long hair on her chin. Now, for those of you that know us, Mel and I are in charge of keeping all of my mom's hair on her chin tamed (Oh man, my mom is going to kill me for writing all of this). I immediately announce that I need the "plucker." Mel gets out a pair of tweezers, and there I sit plucking all of her chin hairs. I was definitely "plucking the mother!"

**Side story - My aunt Jerri (who just recently passed away and also my mom's sister) used to have her granddaughter, Dawn, pluck her chin. I don't know, it must run in the family. Anyway, last summer, up at the lake, Dawn was plucking my aunt's chin, and my aunt called Dawn a "mother plucker!" Since then, it's just been a running joke in my family.:D

No comments:

Post a Comment