Monday, October 27, 2008

Owen's Third Birthday!


Yesterday, we had a birthday party for Owen. The theme this year was "John Deere." He is all about John Deere and all things John Deere. This was a fun theme for me, because not only did we (I say we, because me, my sister and my mom all get into the theme! :)) try to find John Deere items, but we could also just go with green and yellow items too!:)

This year, Melanie came up with the idea to make the banner like this....
...and I think it's the cutest banner EVER!!! (the treat bags were pretty cute too! :))



We even found little John Deere coloring books for the little ones! :)



He loved reading all of his cards...not really, but I made him look at them best I could! :)

He couldn't wait to start opening the presents!


The infamous Rice Krispie Treats that my mom makes!:)

I wouldn't have been able to do it without this girl right here! She even wore green to the party! :)

Mom - you rocked this cake! :) It was awesome!



Even my hubby wore green!:) He's so good!

We had a blast! Everything worked out great -except we probably could've used just a little bit more taco meat!:)

Here's a video of Owen getting his surprise present...






The great thing about this tractor was that my cousins gave it to us! Their kids were done with it, and seeing as my boys LOVE John Deere, they were willing to part with it and let our kids get some use out of it! It really was such a blessing to be able to surprise Owen with this awesome gift, and not have to spend any money on it! Thanks Thane and Dawn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment