Monday, December 10, 2007

Happiness!!

This past Saturday Ryan took the kids sledding, while I went out to "finish" my Christmas shopping.

On my way out, I passed the hill that they were at, and decided to park in the gas station parking lot across the street to spy on them! ;) It wasn't too long before they realized that I was there, and they were all jumping up and down and waving, and getting in line to be the next to go down the hill. I could just barely see the smiles on their faces when they went down the hill, only to see Owen jumping up and down and clapping when Chloe and Brett reached the bottom. It was really just a sweet moment.

Such a sweet moment, that I began bawling. Yep, bawling - couldn't control it! Thankfully I was by myself! :) I should've been crying tears of joy, because I was getting away BY MYSELF FOR HOURS!! But that's not why I was crying. I just felt happy for them that they were enjoying such an awesome time with their dad, but at the same time I felt sad that I wasn't a part of that memory. (Well, technically, I was if you call sitting in the van, in a parking lot "part of it") :)

I quickly got over it, took a mental picture in my mind - because, of course, I didn't bring my camera, and headed off to the mall to fight a bunch of other shoppers trying to "finish" their list.

***SIDE NOTE - I DID NOT finish the list, but I got really close! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment