Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas - 2007

WOW!! What an awesome few days!!

Christmas started, for us, on Saturday. We had my immediate family Christmas at my brother's house in the morning. It was a little bitter-sweet, because things changed this year. My mom moved in with them in August, so instead of going to her house on Christmas morning, we changed it to Saturday. Anyway, we had a great time, and loads of good food with good people! :)


Here's most of the group, before the family room got REALLY messy! :)

Owen waiting ever so patiently - he was just so sweet!

Can't forget about my Bretty boy! He was really patient too! Melanie got him a new Geo Trax engine, and he was so excited! :)

Chloe and Simon got Nintendo DS from my mom - they were thrilled!

I think Ryan was more excited about this present that Owen was!

Cameron and Leah got Wii from my mom. We decided to play my brother's, and it was SO MUCH FUN! I can see what the hype is all about.


Dana was playing tennis in the picture - I won't tell you what she was doing the rest of the morning! :) Love you Dana!!!





Then, on Saturday night, we went to my mom's extended family get together. We have to have it in a church, because there's just too many of us! :) Again, we had loads of fun, especially when one of the kids pulled the fire alarm, and the fire dept. showed up!


I had to take this picture for my sister. She LOVES a man in uniform, and unfortunately, she left before the fire alarm was pulled! :)

Sunday, we went to church, which was an awesome service, and then headed out to Libertyville, to Ryan's sisters house. Had an AWESOME dinner, and then opened tons of presents again. The kids are just WAY too spoiled!:)



It gets pretty chaotic with the kids, so I didn't get many good pictures at this family party.




Monday afternoon, we went to Ryan's parents house for his extended family get together.


It's tradition for the kids to play "sleeping log" while waiting for Santa to come.

Santa came - and Owen wanted NOTHING to do with him!


Ryan was buried in paper, sporting his new 3-way LED light! :)

And Ellie and Chloe got these p.j.'s from Great Grandma! So cute!


And finally, this morning, we had just me, Ryan and the kids, and then shortly after the kids were done opening presents, Ryan's parents came over for breakfast.



The look on the kids faces in the morning, is just too priceless! They get so excited! Well, minus Owen - he's just as contect with his patchie and ni-ni!:)

Chloe was so excited to get an ipod and idog!

Owen finally got in on all of it, and had fun opening stuff.

And Brett - finally getting the tractor that he's wanted since September!


And here is the mess in my family room after the events of the morning! :)




This photo was just too cute not to post - Owen with Grandpa watching A Christmas Story.

We had a very lazy day. The kids stayed in their p.j.'s ALL DAY, which is a total change from what we normally do on Christmas day, but it was a very welcoming change. They played with all their new gifts. Chloe got an ipod, and was singing pretty much all day - unless she was taking pictures with her new digital camera. We just hung out and had fun!

Now, they are all snug in their beds, resting up to head out to Kalahari in the morning, followed by a visit to Great-Grandma, and finally ending up at my dads in Pennsylvania! Whew! It's a busy time, but I love it!!

Oh - one more thing! Last week Chloe came home from school with this...


I would give baby Jesus a comfortable bed. Chloe

I asked Chloe if this is what her teacher wrote, and she said, "No, me and daddy were talking about this on the way to school, and that's what I decided I would want to give him!" How sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment