Monday, August 27, 2007

We have to rewind to that vacation post that I've been putting off for over a week now

O.K., So I know all of the Grandma's and Grandpa's love to see the posts about vacations, and to see the pictures of the kids having fun, so I didn't want to neglect this opportunity to update them on our latest vacation that happened a couple of weeks ago.

We just spent a week up at the lake again, but this time Ryan was able to come with us! Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate with us too well, but we still had fun, nonetheless.

We spent a day in Holland, and fortunately it was an absolutely beautiful day! Grandma and Grandpa met in Holland, and they were with us in the car ahead of us. We had our Nextels and Grandma and Grandpa would call us and tell us all about the scenery and such. They showed us where they met, where they hung out, where Grandpa used to work while in the Coast Guard, etc. It was alot of fun!

We also went to Tunnel Park which had a beach. It was on Lake Michigan so that was a lot of fun too!



Owen taking a look at the lake. He loved it!

All Chloe wanted was to "get me some tan."


Brett wouldn't slow down long enough for me to get a good picture of him. This pretty much captures his face for the entire time he was swimming!

A long sandy walk to get to the water


The kids LOVED playing "SHARK" with Ryan.



Owen was tired so he spent most of the time on my lap.

We also went to South Haven to see the sunset...






My goal was to get good "head" shots of the three kids. I asked Ryan to help me out, and this is what I found on my camera...


A "head" shot of my fourth kid! :) Sorry honey, but that's what you get!! :)


Owen's very first ice cream cone. Until now, he's only had ice cream in a cup. Let's just say he loved this - can you tell?


And Brett loved his just as much!

I rushed and rushed to get the ice cream in time to watch the sun "go into the water," only to have the sun go behind some clouds. Ugghhhhh!! It was still a fun time though.

We had so much rain throughout the week that we finally gave in and let the kids have a mud fight!



Some of my sister-in-laws kids are in the picture too, but man did they have fun!



And we can't forget about our High School Musical 2 premiere party! Call me a dork, I know, but I figured out a way for my sister Melanie to get me a copy. She has a DVD recorder, so she just copied off the t.v. for me, and we found someone who was coming up for the weekend, and they brought it on Saturday morning! It was really cute, we got HSM tableclothes and plates, etc., and had such a fun time! We had a bunch of kids come too!

So, not too much excitement for this vacation, but it was fun anyway! I'm just thankful that we can do these kinds of things with our kids. We really do have fun - amidst all of the chaos!

No comments:

Post a Comment