Tuesday, August 28, 2007

First day of school



Today was Chloe's first day of school. She woke up on her own, without me having to wake her up, and she was VERY nervous/excited. We were driving to school, and this is the conversation that took place...

Me: "Hey Chloe, can I walk you into school this morning?"

Chloe: "No mom, I know how to get in."

Me: "Well, can I at least walk you to your line?"

Chloe: "No mom, I know where it is."

Me: "Are you sure?"

Chloe: "Yes, I'll be fine mom."


When did my little girl grow up? She's such an independent little girl. Wanting to do everything on her own, and to be honest, it makes me a bit sad.

When we pulled up to school, she said, "Mom, you can take me to my line." "O.K., honey," I say, but secretly I wanted to jump up and down!! Needless to say, I cried. I thought that I was going to be fine, but once I saw her walking into the school, I just felt sad. Like my baby girl's really growing up.

As I was walking out of school, their were a bunch of moms on the sidewalk talking, and they saw the tears in my eyes. And I just looked at them and said, "What is my problem?" They just chuckled and said that they had been waiting a long time for this day! Maybe I'll feel like that someday, but for right now, I just feel a little sad that she's not here with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment