Wednesday, August 30, 2006

She went to school...

So last Wednesday was Chloe's first day of school. She was soooooo excited. She woke up extra early, and had lots of time to spare before I brought her to school.



Here she is soooo excited...



And you can tell her nerves are starting to kick in here. We're pulling up to the school.

So we pull up, and I'm supposed to just drop her off. Her teacher was waiting outside. Well, we pull up, and Chloe says "Mom ~ look at all of those kids ~ I am not going in there." And I proceed to say "It'll be fine honey ~ you're going to have so much fun." (as I hold back the tears) "Do you want mommy to bring you to your line?" Chloe says "Yes." We get to her line, and she absolutely refuses to go in it. She was petrified. Something I absolutely didn't expect from her. So my mommy brain kicks into high gear, and I say "Chloe - if you get in that line I will buy you a new backpack!" (I didn't buy her a new one, because we have two others, and I just couldn't justify it ~ in this case, I didn't care.) She immediately got into line, and walked inside the school ~ no looking back. And I immediately start bawling. Now, thank God that I was outside, and I had my sunglasses on, cause not many people could see the streams of tears down my face. It was REALLY hard for me. I went grocery shopping with the boys, and I wore my glasses most of the time, because my face was so red from crying. (Am I pathetic or what?) Anyway ~ it wasn't too long, and I went to pick her up. The first thing out of her mouth was "Mom ~ can we go get my new backpack?" I couldn't believe it - nothing about school, just the backpack. I suppose that's a girl though ~ always wanting to go shopping.

And here she is with her new backpack!

No comments:

Post a Comment