Monday, August 14, 2006

My baby is going to school...

This may be a totally stupid post, but I'm hoping others have gone through this too.

It's hard to believe that in just a little over a week, Chloe will be going to school. Now, it's only Pre-K, but it's school just the same. :)

I can't help but feel a little sad about her going. Heck - I cried when I sent her to Vacation Bible School this year. I know, I'm a nut. I know that she'll do great, and stuff, but I just feel like I won't be there for her when she needs me. What happens if somebody is really mean to her? Who's going to be there to make her feel better? What happens if she falls and gets hurt? Who's going to be there to kiss her owie? What happens if she goes poop? Who's gonna wipe her butt? (Yes, I still wipe her butt when she poops) :) I know that her teacher is very capable of helping her with all of these things, but I can't help but feel like I'm losing a bit of her. Do I really sound like a controlling over-protective mother? Cause I'm really not.

Sometimes I think that maybe it's a first-baby thing, but then I think of Brett going to school, and I could cry all over again.

I suppose I need to learn to let go. And maybe by letting go a bit, it will be easier with Brett, and then maybe even easier with Owen. I was sooo looking forward to the 9 hours each week with just the boys, but this is way harder than I thought.

I'm sure I'll get over it, it just may take a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment