Monday, August 23, 2010

Let's talk about those changes...

Many of you may know that Ryan and I made the decision to take our kids out of the private school they were in and place them in the public elementary school in our town. It was a huge, very tough decision, but I feel very confident that we made the right decision. I've felt at peace about it for a long time and have been eager for school to begin. Side note: I'm never eager for school to begin, I'm the mom who loves having her kids home, so this is very strange for me! ;)

Fast forward a couple of months to last Wednesday. I had the idea to call the school to see if they had any types of openings to supervise recess, etc. They informed me of 2 openings for Teacher's assistants. I talked it over with Ryan and we both agreed that I should apply. I brought in my application on Wednesday around 11:30, and by around 2:00 that afternoon the office called me to set up an interview with the principal at 10:00 on Thursday. I went to the interview, and by 1:00 that afternoon, the principal called me to tell me that "I would be the perfect fit for the school family" and she offered me the job. I accepted it, without any hesitation. You see, before I even knew anything about this job, I wanted to get to the school, and just get involved. I wanted to be involved with PTO, room parties, etc. Now though, I am going to be right smack dab in the middle of my kids school, with eyes and ears all around! It is definitely a God thing, that's for sure!! Oh, and the best part - when my kids are out of school, so am I! I don't have to give up my summers with my family at the lake!! Yay!!

I had my orientation today, and it went great! There are 12 Teacher's assistant's and it just seems like an awesome school family! I officially start on Wednesday, bright and early to Welcome Back all of the students! I'm super excited!! {and so are my kids! :)}

No comments:

Post a Comment