Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It's amazing what a new watch will do

Chloe had a gift card for Justice that she got from her aunt for her birthday. She wanted to go and get a new lunch box for school with it yesterday.

Well, she got the lunch box, a necklace and a new watch (she's been asking for a new watch since her old one broke in her accident).

I wish you all could have seen her walking through that mall. She was as proud as a peacock strutting her stuff and then periodically looking at her watch. It was so stinkin' cute!!

Every couple of minutes, she'd ask me if it was 2:22. Yes, Chloe, it's 2:22. Mom, is it 2:26? Yes, Chloe, it's 2:26.

She just had to make sure it was still working! ;)

I made mention of the fact that now that I'm going to be working, I'm going to need a little bit more help around the house. Chloe immediately said she would do everything, and I won't have to do anything! :) I think she's forgetting that she has to go to school all day too! :) Chloe wanted me to teach her how to do laundry today, so I immediately obliged! Who wouldn't?!?! She was a quick learner, for sure, and she did about 3 loads this evening - never stopping to check her watch to see when the load would be done! :)

I just love this girl - she's got a heart of gold, and such a serving spirit!

Today, we head up to University of Chicago for a CT Scan. I'm eager to get the results, but I'm hopeful that everything is just fine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment