Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Chloe Update

July 9 marked the 6-month anniversary of Chloe's accident {also Chloe's 8th birthday! :)}.  The neurologist originally told us it would take about 6 ~ 12 months for her skull fractures to heal and that she should be on limited activity for that time.  Well, seeing that the new school year is fast approaching, I needed some guidance as to whether or not she should still be out of recess and gym.

Thankfully, I have the direct line to the neurosurgeon's nurse {we know her personally!:)} and gave her a call.  Unfortunately, the neurosurgeon that we dealt with has left University of Chicago and the nurse had to present our case to the new pediatric neurosurgeon.

She presented our case and came back to tell us that Chloe was supposed to come back for a repeat CT Scan at the 3-month mark.  WHOOOPPPPPSSS!!!  Ryan and I both swear we did not hear the doctor tell us this, but alas, we will go in for our "3-month follow-up"...ahem...a few months late!  ;)

I have to say though, that I'm kinda glad to get another peek into her little noggin.  The last CT Scan that she had still showed the fractures on her skull.  They were healing perfectly, but still there.  I'm anxious to see the status of them, and I'll keep you posted on the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment