Thursday, February 11, 2010

The results are in!!

I didn't have enough room on Facebook to put this as my status, so I thought I'd update all of you here...

We went for CT scans this morning at University of Chicago, and after them, met with ENT {the doctor taking care of her fracture on her forehead} and Neurosurgery {the doctor taking care of the other fracture and brain}.

After getting the CT scan, which by the way, we knew the person doing the scan - such a small stinkin' world, I tell ya, - we headed up to ENT only to find out that they didn't order a scan of her face/forehead. So, back down we went to CT. While waiting for those scans to be read, we headed up to Neurosurgery. Thankfully, we knew Kelly {a nurse in Neurosurgery}, and she told us just to come whenever, which was awesome! {Thanks Kelly! :)} We saw a Nurse Practitioner who looked at the sore from her chest tube, and it's healing up great! While I was waiting for the Nurse Practictioner in Neuro, Ryan ran over to ENT to see if they had the results of the 2nd scan that we did. He had to wait a bit, but ended up coming back to Neuro giving me the thumbs up sign! WAHHHHOOOOOO!!!!! Turns out the fracture on her forehead is healing up perfect! It's not completely healed yet, but it's healing the way it's supposed to, and no surgery is needed!!!! Apparently Dr. S. gave Ryan a big ole' hug when she gave him the news! I think all of us were relieved! :)

We then went to see the NP in Neuro. Apparently she told us that she heard a lot about Chloe and that Chloe was the favorite patient around there! :) So cute! Anyway, she told us her brain looks "happy and beautiful!" She's still on limited activities, but we'll take that! The headaches are all completely normal from when someone has a concussion - I guess I kinda forget that she actually had a concussion too - It's something call Post Concussion Syndrome. All completely normal and will go away in about 3 months. As long as the Tylenol gets rid of the headache, we're good!

All in all, a wonderful, albeit LONG day at University of Chicago, however, we got all GOOD news, and we couldn't be more happy about that!!!

Thanks for all of your prayers for us!!

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear the results are great. She is on her way to a full recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOOOOO--HOOOOOO!!!! That is wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the power of prayer!
    :>Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! So happy for the continued good news!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Aimee, that's incredible! I bet you're breathing a little easier today! I just can't believe all the little miracles wrapped up in one big miracle! Chloe's a special little girl and you're so lucky to be her mommy!
    Great job taking care of her too - I'm sure she wouldn't be doing so well without all your love. and Ryan too - but this isn't his blog ;)

    ReplyDelete