Tuesday, August 25, 2009

The First Day

Today was the first day back to school.

The kids were so excited they couldn't fall asleep last night, and they were up before I was out of the shower, which was pretty early for them. Brett was particularly excited, because this is his first year of school - Pre-K! Where oh where does the time go!



Chloe started 2nd grade! My goodness!


I think it was so sweet how Chloe was instructing Brett to behave, or he'll get on the "red light" at school. And what time recess is, and who will be out there, etc. She was really excited for him. We'll see how long that lasts! ;)

On the way to school I told Brett that I would walk him into school, thinking that he, of course, would want that. He quickly told me that I didn't need to do that and that I could just drop him off at the door. I told him that I had to show Chloe her classroom, cause she wasn't able to make it to the Open House last night, so he finally agreed to let me take him into his class too. Phew! There's no way I could've just dropped him off!

He set his backpack down and went outside to play. I of course cried. It was just so easy for him. He was totally ready to just take the plunge and get it started. I was not.

I saw another mom that I knew, and she was wiping at her nose with a Kleenex. I was excited, cause I thought I was going to be the only mom crying (that seems to be the case most years). I walked up and said, "Oh, Nikki! You're crying too?!" To which she replied, "oh - no, I just have a cold." So, again, I felt a bit like an idiot cause I was crying. I cry every year. My husband thinks I'm nuts because of it - and maybe other moms or teachers think I'm a bit nuts, but ya know what? I'm o.k. with that...

No comments:

Post a Comment