Monday, August 31, 2009

Challenging to say the least

As you know, Brett started full-day school this year. It's only 2 days a week, but that leaves two full days of just me and Owen - which I love!!! (Next year, Owen will go to school Mon. and Tues. and Brett will go Wed. - Fri., so I'm looking forward to those two days with just Brett!) :)

Anyway, my sweet Owen has had someone to occupy his time since the day he was born - Brett was/is his little partner in crime - for those of you who need a refresher of my little partners - check out this post and this post. I just re-read them, and boy o' boy they are growing up!

Back to the story now...

Owen has me all to himself on Mondays and Tuesdays. The first day I dropped the kids off, Owen asked if we could play Lego's just me and him. Of course I said yes, and then it progressed to Chutes and Ladders and playing ball, and just about anything that involved me and him. That first day, I loved it. Just time with me and my youngest son.

Fast forward to today. Again, Brett and Chloe go off to school, and it's just me and Owen. He starts to ask me to play this and play that, and all I wanted to do was clean my room. I instruct him that he needs to pick up his room and make his bed (he normally does this chore with his brother - they share a room.) He cried and cried cause he couldn't do it himself and he needed my help. We finally got through that and he asked to play outside. I sent him to the backyard and it wasn't two minutes later that he was bored and there was nothing to do. I gave him some bubbles, and he of course wanted me to blow them with him. Uggghhhh! We made brownies together today too! :)

Now, don't get me wrong. I absolutely LOVE having time with just Owen, but at this rate I am going to get NOTHING done!

So if anyone has any great independent games/activities for me to try out with Owen - please let me know! I'd really appreciate it

No comments:

Post a Comment