Friday, May 8, 2009

Sometimes, it only takes a minute to make somebody's day

****This picture was taken the other day, while Brett was bird watching, apparently he needed swim goggles and moon boots !:)****


I had to run to two grocery stores this morning, and really had no energy to do it. BUT - I got in the car, and went anyway. Thankfully, these two grocery stores DID NOT have the "customer in training" carts, cause we all know I'm a sucker for those! :)

Anyway, earlier this morning, Brett caught some bugs, and put them in his bug catcher. It's got a strap on it that goes around the neck and he insisted they needed to come with us to the stores. Again, me being the sucker that I am, agreed to bringing the bugs into the store, but gave him strict instructions NOT to open the bug catcher! By the way, the bug catcher only had a couple of rolly-pollies, and a millipede (Brett called it a caterpillar!:) ) He wore those bugs with pride! Talking to them along the way, and showing everyone he could!

We got to the check-out aisle, and the cashier asked what he had, and he gladly told her about each item that was in the little cage. To see the sparkle in his eyes and the excitement in his voice as he talked to that cashier totally made my day! And the cashier acted as though she was genuinely interested. He was so proud!

The same thing happened at the second store - I smiled as my little Brettie told the cashier that the caterpillar (millipede) was going to turn into a butterfly.

It only takes a minute to take the time to make some body's day. Those two ladies definitely made mine, because they took the time out to listen to MY son! And I'm pretty certain they made Brett's day, and who knows - maybe my little guy made theirs!

No comments:

Post a Comment