Monday, December 15, 2008

Do the Hustle!!

O.K., so I couldn't come up with a better title, but it sort of fits my mood lately!

I absolutely LOVE the holiday season. I LOVE getting together with family and friends and having parties of all kinds! I LOVE decorating 250 cookies in one day! I LOVE fighting all of the crowds trying to find the perfect present for everyone! I LOVE seeing my kids faces as they walk into the family room and see the presents waiting for them. I LOVE preparing for our trip to the Wilderness 2 days after Christmas, because my kids just LOVE it!

BUT - you had to know their was going to be a but....

I'm tired.

Don't get me wrong, I still LOVE all the things that the season brings, but man oh man, am I exhausted! I have three parties this weekend alone, and I still have so much that needs to be bought for those parties, and the food that needs to be made for those parties. Sometimes, I just feel so overwhelmed.

Today though, I decided that during this crazy busy season, I'm going to take time to enjoy it all. Too many times I find myself getting wrapped up in what presents I need to buy, and what needs to be done, that I find myself getting so stressed out - to the point that I'm crabby and don't enjoy it!

Make the choice to enjoy this season - as crazy as it is - and concentrate more on the family and friends that we have! We are so very blessed, not only during this season, but all year long!!

No comments:

Post a Comment