Monday, May 12, 2008

I am a blessed Mom!

I woke up yesterday morning to breakfast in bed! Yeah, it was my day for sleep in - after all, it was Mother's Day!:) I can't remember ever having breakfast in bed before, and it was great. The kids were so excited, and then of course got right in there with me and helped eat my food - especially Brett! Daddy did a good job making the eggs and toast! :)


My mom spent a lot of the weekend with us. She came on Thursday afternoon to see Chloe's Grandparent's Day program at school that night, and then she also stayed Friday night so we could all go out for breakfast Saturday morning! We had a lot of fun with her, and she did a lot of things with the kids too...

Chloe was so cute all week. She made a bunch of mother's day crafts, and kept giving them to me - even though I told her I wanted to wait until Sunday - she was just so excited! She came in the house with Lilac's from the tree in the backyard, and dandelions, and a birdhouse that she found, and every time she would say "Happy Mother's Day!" At one point, I had taken Brett with me to go to the Post Office and the Library. When I came back, this is what I saw...She and my mom made flowers and glasses out of pipe cleaners for me! :) Last night I was matching socks - uggghhh...anyway, she said, "mom, I'm going to help you, because it's Mother's Day, and I don't want you to have to do all the work." Man - I can get used to this treatment! :)



Anyway, on Thursday morning, Ryan's Mom was able to go to Chloe's school with Great-Grandma S. for Grandparents day, and then they took her out to lunch! I can't begin to express how important this was for Chloe! She just felt so special, because it was just her and her Grandmas!

Yesterday, after church, we went to Ryan's Mom's for lunch. We had a really nice time!

I am a blessed mom! Not only do I feel blessed to be a mother myself, but I just feel really blessed to have all of these women in my life. (not just for me and Ryan, but for my kids too!) Each of these women hold a very special place in my heart - not only on Mother's Day, but everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment