Sunday, October 1, 2006

Summer is officially over...

Well, for me (and my family) this weekend marked the end of our summer. We have a trailer in Michigan and go up there almost every weekend in the summer. This weekend we closed it all up. It's a little bitter-sweet for me. As much of a hassle that it is for me to go up there (pack the clothes, foods, etc.) it's still a good time for us. It's alot of family time, relaxation time, and just good-ol-fun time. :)

The weekend started of on a pretty bad note though. We all got in the car, got gas, McDonald's and we were on our way! We were about 7 miles from our exit, only for Ryan to say ~ "He got us" Yep, there was a cop who pulled out, and before too long had his lights on. [Great, wonder how much this ticket will cost us] He comes up to our window to tell us that he clocked us going 88 in a 70. [Wonderful, I'm sure it will be an even bigger fine] Ryan said O.K., and then the cop asked us if we had anything in our car. We looked at him kind of funny (the car is packed) and he proceeded to explain "guns, paraphanelia (sp.?) Ryan said, "Nope just 3 kids and a cooler!" Leave it to Ryan to crack a joke while he's getting a ticket! I love him! Anyway, he comes back and tells us that he gave us a break. He only wrote it for 75 in a 70! [Yeah] So we were on our way, only for Chloe about 3 minutes after we got back on the road yell out "Dad ~ I'm gonna puke!" [Could this trip get any worse?] Ryan pulled over, and she was puking all over the car. It was all over her. I couldn't pull her out. I was gagging like crazy, as Ryan is yelling at me to get her out of the car. [As he just sits there :)] I finally get her out, and she finished on the side of the road. So we get to a gas station, get her changed, the car cleaned up, lots of anti-bacterial gel on everyones hands, and were on our way again. (Turns out Ryan and Chloe got some kind of sickness we think from the McDonald's)

We finally get to the trailer at about 9:00, only to find that my bed is wet. the mattress and everything. Some kind of leak in the roof. That's O.K. I'll just put new bedding on it, and a Hefty bag over the mattress and it'll be just fine! And it was. I was determined to have a good weekend. I prayed really hard before we left, cause I was really crabby before we left, and all of this happening could have made it even worse, but it didn't.

All in all, it was a good weekend, a few mishaps, but good nonetheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment