Monday, October 23, 2006

Poor little Owen & Sweet little Brett...

Something is not right with Owen. He's scheduled for surgery on Friday, to get tubes in his ears. (We just can't fight the infections anymore.) Anyway, he was up for THREE straight hours last night. Just screaming his little heart out. He'd start to calm down, and then arch his back again and scream. We're not sure if it's his ears or not. He finally found his sleep about 3:00 and slept till almost 7:00. Needless to say, I think Ryan and I are going to be walking zombies today.

Anyway ~ while I was up with Owen, I was watching this show on MSNBC. It was about this 5 month old who got stolen right out of her own bed. Well, I was a little spooked when I went to bed. It normally takes me awhile to get back to sleep once I get back to bed. About 3:15, I heard walking on the main level. I shook Ryan up, and told him what I heard. Normally, he would roll right over and go back to sleep, but I knew what I heard, and it was someone walking down there. I wasn't going to let him go back to sleep. Ryan sat up in bed, and my heart was racing like crazy. I whisper "he's coming up the stairs!" Indeed, someone was coming up the stairs ~ it was BRETT!! He must've been sleep walking again. He got to the top of the stairs, and went right back to his bed. This is about the 3rd or 4th time he's done this, so I should've know better than to panic, but after watching that show, I was a bit nervous.

Another quick story about Brett...I got Chloe ready for church yesterday, and as she was coming down the stairs, Brett was at the bottom of them, and said ~ "Dad, Chloe is beautiful!" If that wasn't sweet enough, he says "Chloe you look beautiful!" I started crying ~ ask Ryan, I really did. It was the sweetest thing ever, and when my kids have sweet moments, (they don't happen very often) I cry.

SIDE NOTE: I JUST CALLED OWEN'S PEDIATRICIAN, AND SHE'S NOT IN TODAY. THEY GIVE ME THE NUMBER FOR THE DOCTOR ON CALL. I CALL THAT DOCTOR, AND THEY PUT ME DIRECTLY ON THE PHONE WITH HIM. I PROCEED TO TELL HIM THAT HE HAS EAR INFECTIONS, AND THAT HE'S GOING TO HAVE TUBES PUT IN ON FRIDAY. I ASK HIM IF THEIR IS ANYTHING THAT I CAN DO TO COMFORT OWEN, CAUSE HE'S JUST NOT RIGHT. HE PROCEEDS TO TELL ME THAT MAYBE HE HAS AN INFECTION. DUH? DIDN'T YOU JUST HEAR ME? I SAID (IN A NOT SO NICE VOICE) "HE DOES!!!" HE TELLS ME THAT THEIRS NOTHING I CAN DO BESIDES TYLENOL AND MOTRIN. "CAN I PUT THE EAR DROPS IN?" HE SAYS "IT MIGHT MAKE THE MECHANICS OF THE EAR FEEL DIFFERENTLY, BUT IT WON'T HELP WITH THE FLUID." "THANK YOU." AND I HANG UP. WHY IS IT THAT ON DAYS LIKE THESE, THE DOCTOR ISN'T IN. ANYWAY ~ IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS, I'LL TAKE THEM! I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET, BECAUSE I WOULD LIKE TO SLEEP TONIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment