Sunday, January 17, 2010

Processing

I'm trying to process the events of last Saturday and the days after. It's kind of hard, but I'm feeling like I want to journal a bit, so here goes:

{If you are unsure of what I'm talking about, Chloe, my daughter, was in a snowmobile accident last Saturday night. You can read more about it here on her blog.}

From the beginning, we have had an overwhelming amount of support from family, friends and people that we don't even know. I'm getting cards in my mailbox from people I've never met. Someone came to visit us at the hospital, because they new Ryan's uncle - we had never met this man. I've actually sat and wondered why? Why did this man care? He'd never met Chloe or us, and he took the time to come to the hospital and pray with Ryan.

I've heard some pretty amazing stories about people praying for Chloe. I know of many people who didn't sleep that Saturday night because they were praying for Chloe.

I was truly amazed by the outpouring of love for my daughter. The amount of people who came to visit her was just crazy - the security guard at the hospital said she "was one popular girl!" :) Thankfully, I knew one of the nurses in the PICU, and she helped sneak a couple people into our room when Chloe was waking up. Everyone wanted to see her awake, so we all just stood quietly by her bedside waiting to see those beautiful eyes. When they finally opened, it was as if we were looking at a newborn baby opening their eyes for the first time - it was so precious.

The amounts of snacks and food that people brought us while we were in the hospital was crazy! I feel bad saying this, but there were a few bags that had no cards or names on them, so I don't even know who brought them, but we were so very thankful for them!

The amounts of gifts that this little girl received/still receiving is unbelievable. We've got crafts and nail polishes and games and it is just so fun to see her playing with all of these new things. I'm just so happy when I see her sitting on the floor playing Candy Land or Battleship with her brothers. She's come so far - so quickly! It's amazing.

My MOPS group came on Friday with a "care basket." That's what they told me they had. Well, it took three trips to get everything in the house! Flowers, gifts for the boys, gifts for Chloe, food, snacks, paper plates, napkins, craft supplies - crazy!!! {my sister asked me take a picture!:)} These women were so thoughtful! They made so many different types of snacks for the boys and for us it was really just amazing. I know I keep going to that word, but seriously this whole situation has been amazing.


I can't possibly name everyone on here who has stopped by or given gifts, but please know that we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for caring for Chloe and us!

Before something like this happens, you know that you have family and friends that you can call if you need them. And then when something like this happens, you don't realize how big your support system actually is - and we didn't even have to call anyone - people just jumped right into action! It was just amazing.

Thank you - Thank you so very much for being there for us and taking care of us! We will remember it forever!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment