Saturday, February 21, 2009

He finally got it!

On days that Chloe is at school, I like to keep Brett awake from his nap. Their are days that I put him down, but most days I keep him awake. The time that Owen sleeps is a great time for me and Brett to color, watch a movie, play games, etc. It's just great one-on-one time for us. I figure that he's never really going to get much one-on-one time like Chloe got when she was the only child for a time, and like Owen will get when both Chloe and Brett are in school.

Each day, he'll ask me if he "can stay downstairs" during nap time. Almost everyday, I'd wink at him and say no he couldn't stay downstairs. Almost everyday, he'd get upset that he couldn't stay downstairs, until I'd whisper in his ear that he could and that it was our secret!

Yesterday, Brett asked if he could stay downstairs, and again, I winked and said "no." He got a huge grin on his face and said "o.k. mom." I knew he finally got it! It's fun to have this little secret between one another. Thankfully, Owen hasn't figured it out yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment