Monday, July 14, 2008

Neglect

That's the only title I could come up with, because I feel like I have completely neglected this blog.

The kids and I were at the lake for the past 18 days. I hadn't intended on staying that long - originally only 5 days, and then I would go back with Ryan when he had his vacation time, but I just decided to stay. The only real reason that I was coming home was to do laundry, so I just made a trip to the laundromat to solve that problem!

I still have to do a post about my baby girl turning 6 years old! I can't believe how quickly time flies by. I'll get to that one of these days.

Steph invited me to a NWI Bloggy Meet-up on Saturday night. I had intended on going after my nephews birthday party, but it turned out my sister had to post-pone the party to Sunday because of the rain. We ended up staying at the lake pretty late so that the kids would fall asleep in the car. As I was driving by the restaurant on my way home on I-65, with a sleeping husband next to me and three sleeping kids in the back of the van, it was hard to resist the temptation just to stop in for a drink, but I thought better of it. My bed was seriously calling my name - LOUD! :)

We are having loads of fun at the lake this year, and I'm finding that it's a lot more fun to be there than at home. The kids love the boat (Owen even went tubing for the first time this weekend!), and love playing down at the beach. And hey - how can I complain about sitting in the sun and getting a nice golden brown tan! :)

I may be neglecting this blog, but I'm certainly not neglecting my kids - they are having one heck of a summer...and so am I!!!

***I'm headed back to the lake tomorrow morning, so I may be MIA for awhile! :)***

No comments:

Post a Comment