Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I've turned a corner.

Hey, Howdy, Hey!!  Yep, it's me! :) 

I hate looking back and noticing that it's been nearly a year since my last blog post.  This blog used to be my outlet for everything for a long time.  And well, life got busy...real busy.  I had this post running through my mind all day yesterday, so I've got to get it out.


Yesterday, I took my 3 kids, and my niece and nephew to Deep River Waterpark.  I packed a cooler with lunch and loads of snacks, and away we went.  It was a gorgeous day for it!  After applying sunscreen, the kids decided they wanted to play in the little jungle gym area by our seats so I just hung out and sunbathed! ;)

Not too long after we arrived, the kids came and said they wanted to go in the Lazy River.  I had Owen get on a life jacket cause he's not too confident in the water yet, even though he could touch and off they went!  I stood there waiting for them to come around again and once I saw them all, they were laughing and having a blast, saying they wanted to go around again.  I told them I'd be at our "headquarters" {Yes, that's what they named it} and to come back and check in after they went around again.

To say I about lost it would be an understatement.

For years, especially when they were little, I had been dying for this day.  Having 3 kids 3 and under was a HUGE task {for me!}.  I remember thinking how nice it was going to be when they could all buckle their own seat belts, or how great it's gonna be when they can all put on their own shoes and zip up their own coats.

Well, I'm there....they can do all those things...AND MORE! 

There I was, sitting at our "headquarters" all by myself, while they ran off and played.  I called Ryan:

Me:  Hi babe.

Ry:  Hey! {I could tell he was pre-occupied at work}

Me:  Well, I've turned a corner...all our kids are in the Lazy River by themselves, and I'm sitting all by myself. {totally trying to hold back the tears}

Ry:  Are they all together?

Me:  Yeah.

Ry:  O.K., babe, I gotta go, I'm super busy!

And that was that.  Now I really wanted to cry!   And just at that moment, Chloe, Owen and Tim ran up saying Brett was lost in the Lazy River!

In my mind I couldn't help but smile and think, YES!!  they still need me! ;)  {Don't worry, Brett was found playing and having fun in the Lazy River:) }

If this is what it's like to let them go off on their own at the waterpark, Oh My Heavens!  what's it going to be like when they go off to college?  Don't answer that...

No comments:

Post a Comment