Monday, November 27, 2006

Christmas with Brett ~ last year...

December 23rd last year, my dad, step-mom, and brother were coming in from Pennsylvania to have Christmas. It was at my house. I was nursing Owen, and Brett was running around the family room. Ryan and I were talking, and the kids were just playing. We had about and hour before people were showing up, so we just took that time to relax. Until ~ Brett fell into the brick hearth of our fireplace. Ryan and I both watched it happen, and he just kind of tripped over his own two feet. Ryan of course, jumped up as I was yelling ~ "Oh Jesus, please let his teeth be o.k." I know, it sounds silly, but the way he landed, it just looked like he punched out his front teeth. Ryan ran to the bathroom with him, and I follow ~ still nursing Owen (don't want to upset the baby too!) Ryan started to clean him up, and then said, "ummm, yeah, you might want to get out of here." It was just awful. To make a long story short, (I know ~ it's long enough already) his teeth were just fine. He banged up his nose and mouth pretty bad though. Let's just put it this way ~ everyone was saying "Hail Britler" to him for the rest of the holiday.


Here he is, just a couple of hours after it happened, opening presents with my dad.


And here he is the next day. Poor guy! It didn't even look like him. His face was pretty distorted.

Thank God the outcome was as good as it was though ~ it could've been alot worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment